Bruce House is a community-based organization providing housing, compassionate care and support in Ottawa for people living with HIV and AIDS, based on the belief that everyone has the right to live and die with dignity.
- We are accountable to our clients, our community and each other
- We take a holistic approach that recognizes emotional, physical, social, spiritual and economic realities
- We respect diversity and differing needs including but not limited to ability, age, culture, economic status, ethnicity, lifestyle, sex, gender and sexual orientation
- We support empowerment by providing information, sharing decision-making, promoting participation and providing choices
- We engage in broad-based consultation with stakeholders and other concerned and interested parties
- We actively collaborate with individuals, organizations and the community at large to improve the quality of life for people living with HIV/AIDS
- We recognize the importance of providing a supportive working environment for paid and unpaid staff, as they provide a caring environment for our clients
- We envision a physically, socially, psychologically, spiritually and economically healthy community where everyone, including people living with HIV/AIDS or impacted by HIV/AIDS, participates fully in all aspects of community life.
- We envision a community free of stigma and discrimination towards people living with HIV/AIDS.
- We envision adequate sustainable and flexible funding to enable the provision of a full range of high-quality services that respond to the needs of people living with HIV/AIDS.
- We envision a well-integrated, coordinated service system that is accessible to people living with HIV/ AIDS, regardless of their ability, age, culture, economic status, ethnicity, lifestyle, gender, or sexual orientation.