You also missed some great news:
- No more red ink! Bruce House finances are firmly in the black, and we are rebuilding a contingency fund.
- We have a new Pantry Program, with support from the Ottawa Food Bank. This will provide emergency food and personal care items for clients.
- We now offer mental health support in the Bruce House office, in partnership with Somerset West Community Health Centre and CentreTown Pharmacy.
- A one-time grant has allowed us to hire a part-time outreach worker for our REST Program, doing home visits and support for clients.
- Our Health & Wellness Program continues to grow, including the popular Arts & Crafts Afternoons.
We also recognised our community support by giving the first “Community Award of Awesomeness” to the organizers of Drag & Balls, the annual softball and day-in-the-park which has raised more than $36,000 for people impacted by HIV to date!