Did you miss our AGM on Oct 22? If so you missed out on great cake, coffee courtesy of Starbucks (Bank at Copper), and finger foods donated by Bobby’s Table!
You also missed some great news:
- No more red ink! Bruce House finances are firmly in the black, and we are rebuilding a contingency fund.
- We have a new Pantry Program, with support from the Ottawa Food Bank. This will provide emergency food and personal care items for clients.
- We now offer mental health support in the Bruce House office, in partnership with Somerset West Community Health Centre and CentreTown Pharmacy.
- A one-time grant has allowed us to hire a part-time outreach worker for our REST Program, doing home visits and support for clients.
- Our Health & Wellness Program continues to grow, including the popular Arts & Crafts Afternoons.
We also recognised our community support by giving the first “Community Award of Awesomeness” to the organizers of Drag & Balls, the annual softball and day-in-the-park which has raised more than $36,000 for people impacted by HIV to date!