Bruce House is the only organization in Ottawa with the core mission of providing housing and compassionate support to people living with and impacted by HIV. Bruce House is a small organization with a big heart and a rich history. We have continued to serve our clients throughout COVID, significantly increasing direct supports. We are now looking to the short-term and long-term future by engaging in capacity-building and strategic planning.
We are currently seeking committed individuals who would be interested in joining our Board of Directors.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Understand and demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mission and programs.
- Regularly attends board meetings, committee meetings, and ad-hoc meetings.
- Contribute skills and knowledge by actively participating in meetings.
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Actively participates in annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Keep up to date with issues and trends that affect the organization.
- Participate in fundraising activities and community events.
- Helps identify individual and corporate donors.
Ideal candidates would have the following qualifications/skills:
- Previous board experience preferably in the public health or social services sectors.
- Expertise in some combination of: strategic planning, financial management and planning, fund development, communications, legal services, social and health services.
- Experience working with and/or understanding of vulnerable populations.
Bruce House is committed to encouraging diversity in our volunteer program.
Average estimated hours: 5 hours a month
If interested, forward your cover letter and resume to the Manager of Volunteer services and Community relations Linda Truglia email@example.com