The ONN (Ontario Non-Profit Network) has released the results of their recent survey. In brief:
- More demand, big revenue loss: Almost two-thirds of non-profits experienced an increase in demands for programs and services. At the same time, half reported pandemic-related losses in revenue.
- Federal and provincial government supports have been fragmented and inadequate, with only a minority of non-profits supported by government emergency relief measures. Smaller organizations and those without paid staff especially were left to sink or swim.
- Data reveals an uneven experience across the sector and regions.
- Nonprofits lost a massive number of volunteers during the crisis.
- ONN has five policy recommendations to help the sector rebuild in a just and sustainable way.