Peer Food Program Assistant (Part – Time)
This is a part-time contract position for a person with lived experience of HIV to assist staff in delivering food program services to clients.
- Contract position: January 11, 2022 to March 31, 2022
- Schedule: Every second Tuesday beginning Jan. 11 and every second Thursday beginning Jan. 20; 10:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Hourly wage: $19.00/hr + 4% vacation pay
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Assist with food program (Pantry Program, frozen meats, veggie boxes, etc.)
- Coordinate client pick-up/delivery dates and times
- Unpack food deliveries
- Organize the Pantry
- Assist program staff as needed
- French would be an asset
- Other languages would be an asset
- Able to lift moderately heavy boxes and bags
- Full COVID vaccination required
- Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need any accommodations in regard to accessibility.
About Bruce House
Since opening its doors in 1988 Bruce House has been delivering a ‘housing-first’ approach for people in our community living with, and impacted by, HIV/AIDS.
We are committed to ensuring our clients have access to stable housing, supported independence, and opportunities for healthy living. This is achieved by providing appropriate and affordable apartments; by providing practical supports such as food, clothing, and assistance with medical appointments/travel, and other needs; and by providing psycho-social supports.
Many of our clients face additional challenges in addition to HIV, often with little or no support network. Bruce House fills the role of “friends and family” in assisting clients through episodic disabilities, illness, and other events which could otherwise jeopardize health or stable housing.
Send a resume and cover letter by January 4th to:
Manager of Volunteer Services & Community Relations
Email (preferred) email@example.com
Mail: 402-251 Bank St.
Ottawa, ON K2P 1X3