Clients have the opportunity to attend various monthly programs; these include Community Kitchen, Art Workshops and Dinner Socials that have a different theme every month (speakers, games, movies etc.)
Bruce House clients have the opportunity to attend a variety of complementary programs designed to decrease social isolation, improve life skills, and improve overall health and wellness. These include:
- Community Kitchen: clients prepare a meal as a group, learning nutrition and cooking skills and having plenty of leftovers to take home.
- Arts & Crafts Workshops: from making clocks with old records to making plant hangers and painting, these workshops offer fun craft projects—no previous experience is needed, and most projects can be completed in an afternoon.
- Dinner Socials: clients gather for a free meal and companionship.
- Games Nights: from trivia to bingo, fun evenings for all.
- Movie Nights: grab the popcorn and gather ’round the TV.
- Guest Speakers: learn about a variety of topics ranging from health and wellness to legal concerns and life skills.
- Pantry: helps clients facing occasional shortages of food or other essentials, as well as provide supplies for people setting up new homes.
- Mental Health: in partnership with other agencies we can provide counseling sessions in our office.
- Complimentary Therapies: massage, reiki, therapeutic touch (when available).