With the COVID-19 pandemic, Pride Runs are looking very different this year across Canada. However, in honour of its 5th anniversary, the 2020 National Capital Pride Run/Walk is happy to announce that it will proceed in a virtual format, and we are inviting you to take part! Most importantly, the 2020 NCPR will continue to raise funds for Bruce House!
So what does a Virtual National Capital Pride Run look like?
- Registration: Participants will still be required to register online and pay a small registration fee. Upon registration, participants will also be provided with the opportunity to raise monies online for Bruce House. If you raise $200 or more, you will get a free registration to the 2021 National Capital Pride Run!
- Run/Walk and Post Your time: During the week of August 21-30, participants will need to run a 5km route, or walk a 2.5km route. When they do, they will upload their time to an online system so that it’s official! Alternatively, in honour of its 5th anniversary, running participants can also run 5 5km runs, and they can record their best time!
- Making it Fun!: Participants will be asked to take a photo of themselves in their best Pride running/walking outfit, and to post that photo online. Participants will also be sent music tracks and warm up videos, they’ll each receive a virtual delegate bag, and once the pandemic has passed, they will be invited to an in person thank you reception.
- Silent auction: The 2020 Pride Run/Walk will feature an online silent auction where people can bid on a range of fabulous items.
- “Out to Run” program: For any participant who would like a training program to help them run their first 5km, a free “Out to Run” program will be offered.
The registration link and more information will be posted on the NCPR website at www.ncpr.ca. This pandemic may prevent us from getting together, but it won’t prevent us from having fun and supporting a great cause in our community. We hope that you’ll take part in the 2020 Virtual National Capital Pride Run/Walk – register today!