This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants must meet Program requirements as described on the Program’s web site.
- Hourly wage: $15.00
- Number of weeks: 9
- Number of hours per week: 30
- Anticipated start date: Sept. 8 2020
Since opening its doors in 1988 Bruce House has been delivering a ‘housing-first’ approach for people in our community living with, and impacted by, HIV/AIDS.
We are committed to ensuring our clients have access to stable housing, supported independence, and opportunities for healthy living. This is achieved by providing appropriate and affordable apartments; by providing practical supports such as food, clothing, and assistance with medical appointments/travel, and other needs; and by providing psycho-social supports via programs such as monthly Client Socials, a Community Kitchen program, arts and crafts activities, and providing clients with Volunteer Buddies to decrease social isolation.
Many of our clients face additional challenges in addition to HIV, often with little or no support network. Bruce House fills the role of “friends and family” in assisting clients through episodic disabilities, illness, and other events which could otherwise jeopardise health or stable housing.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Update filing system for Volunteer Program and other programs.
- Assist with tax receipting and donor recognition (training in data entry and Customer Relationship Management software will be provided).
- Assist with reception duties when needed (training will be provided on office phone system). They may include accepting rental payments, assisting clients with photocopying, and providing access to our Pantry Program room.
- Assist with agency communications, including email newsletters and social media.
- Assist program staff with client events (setup/clean up; distribution of information).
- Assist with general office operations (training provided as required).
- Other tasks as may be required.
- French would be an asset
- Bruce House welcomes all applicants to apply.
- Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need any accommodations in regard to accessibility.
- Please ensure that you have submitted a resume and cover letter with your application.
- As the Canada Summer Job Program is particularly intended to assist youth who may face barriers in the labour market we will take into account that applicants may lack previous employment experience and/or lack experience with formal job applications and interviews. Please ask if you need any clarification as to that is expected of you during the process.
Send a resume and cover letter by August 10, 2020 to:
Patrick James Morley
Office & Communications Coordinator
Email (preferred) firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail:402-251 Bank St.
Ottawa, ON K2P 1X3